Thanksgiving week will be knocking at the door soon, bringing with it all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Idaho wineries will be right in the thick of these busy times, offering everything from barrel tastings to food and drink pairings to once-a-year sale prices. Instead of fighting mall crowds this year, let us drink!
You probably want to begin sweet talking potential designated drivers right about now.
Here is a breakdown of the winery events statewide:
Cinder, Coiled & Telaya
- November 28-30, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Barrel and regular tastings from all three wineries with complimentary logo glass. Food trucks and kid-friendly crafts station on site. Adults can enjoy a proper art gallery (and beverage) in the mezzanine.
- $15 per person, 2 free admissions if you are a wine club member.
- November 28, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Free tastings and Thanksgiving specials!
- November 28, 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. $5 pours and wine specials.
- November 29, 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Open house, Oregon Pinot Noir with food pairings.
Snake River Winery
- November 28-29, 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Barrel samples and food and wine for purchase.
Split Rail Winery
- November 26, 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and November 28-30, 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Barrel tastings and light appetizers.
- November 29, 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. $8 per person includes barrel tasting, bread, cheese and chocolate.
- November 30, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. $4 per person includes barrel tasting.
- Special holiday prices on bottles.
- November 28, 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- See the new store and enjoy barrel tasting with chocolate pairings.
Caldwell Wine Country
- November 26, 28-30, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Complimentary soup and wine specials. New releases to share.
- November 21-26, 29-30, 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. and November 28, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Enjoy appetizers and get one FREE case of Chardonnay when purchasing a case of red.
HAT Ranch Winery
- November 28- 30, 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Celebrate the winemaker’s birthday with wine tastings, cheese and birthday cake.
Fujishin Family Cellars & Lost West Winery
- November 28 -30, 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Enjoy complimentary tastings of the current release.
- Barrel tasting $5 per person, free for members.
Hells Canyon Winery & Zhoo Zhoo
- November 28-29, 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wine sale and holiday open house.
- $8 per person, includes a souvenir stemless glass.
- November 21-26, 28-30, 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 3 wines and small bites. Barrel taste the 2014 vintage.
- $10 per person with a custom Huston wine glass.
Ste. Chapelle Winery
- November 28-29, 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Barrel tastings, mini tour, light appetizers and music.
- $10 per person, $5 members, both get a logo wine glass.
Williamson Orchards & Vineyards
- November 28-29, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and November 30, 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Barrel taste with cheese and chocolate. Enjoy music and get 30% off wine cases.
3 Horse Ranch Vineyards
- November 26, 28-30, 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Vertically tasting Cabernet Sauvignon Library Wines with fruit and cheese. 10% off purchase of Library Wines.
- $5 per person, free for Les Trois Vins members
Indian Creek Winery
- November 28-29, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and November 30, 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- $7 per person, $5 members – 50% of fee goes to the Humane Society.
- Includes logo glass, wine samples, barrel tasting, and appetizers. Enjoy photo booth and music.
- $7 per person, $5 members – 50% of all entry fees will be donated to the Humane Society.
Sawtooth Estate Winery
- November 29-30, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Open House and Barrel Tasting. Includes wine glass, tour, wine pairings and music.
- $15 per person, $10 wine club members
Pend d’Oreille Winery
- November 28-29, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Barrel tasting. Call for reservations (208) 265-8545
NOTE: All Idaho wineries are closed on Thanksgiving.
Please contact me if you are interested in being my designated driver! I know how I’m spending Black Friday and I hope I will be seeing you some of you.
For more information on any of the wineries listed, please see the Idaho Wine Commission website.